“You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.” Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Who I am, What I am, What I Will Be

Okay, so I love to write. It’s a passion I’ve pushed onto the sidelines for years until recently put back into the game. How old of a passion you say? Well, let’s just say I was the odd little girl who was carrying around books, a pencil, and a stack of paper from day one. Literally.  I had a Minnie Mouse backpack stuffed full of reading material and paper that I carried around everywhere…even slept with it close by. I was a bit obsessive. In fact, when I was about 6 or 7 I started wearing glasses and it didn’t bother me too much, because I thought, “Cool. Now I look like an author.” I’m a bit of a word geek.

In college, I shucked away childhood fantasies of becoming an author and focused my time and brain working part-time and going to school to be an educator. Little did I know that God had different plans for my life. See, I always thought I would be the girl who traveled around the world, experiencing different cultures and writing about them, finally settling in New York City with a full blown career. Obviously that wasn’t the case, because now I am happily married, settled in – of all places – Roll Tide country, working part-time at a school, and just now reviving my writing dreams.

So plans have changed. And dreams that were once long forgotten are now at the very forethought of my mind. If I never get the classroom teaching job I’ve hoped for since 2006, that’s okay. The day I enlisted on God’s side I agreed to let him mold me into the person he wanted me to be. Right now, I think He is nicking off a few sharp edges and preparing me to use the words He inspires me with for the better good.

Confession, I’ve never been a blogger. Most of the time I’m probably not going to know what to write about. Hopefully, I won’t bore any readers to tears on here. My plan is to use this blog as means of exercising my writing and building readers. I’ll probably jump through a variety of topics, whatever inspires my writing juices at the time being.

For those of you who are wondering, yes, I am aspiring to one day be published. It might take months, years, or who knows how long. But for now that is the plan. And this blog is for me to sharpen my writing technique, connect with readers, share God’s love, and to start a foundation for my writing career.

Feel free to ask questions, comment, or just say “Hello.” I want to get to know my readers!
And if there is a topic you would like to discuss or read about, let me know. I love getting ideas from others. Remember: Two brains are better than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment